Users within the HPC Midlands+ consortium (including those who have gained access via the EPSRC Access to HPC Calls) should contact their local research computing teams. A list of these support contacts at each institution is shown below.
|University||Support Contact / E-mail / Web site|
|Aston University||Support Email|
|University of Birmingham||IT Service Desk|
|Coventry University||HPC Support|
|University of Leicester||RC Support, IT Service Desk|
|Loughborough University||Research Computing Support|
|University of Nottingham||IT Service Desk|
|Queen Mary, University of London||ITS Research Support|
|University of Warwick||SCRTP Service Desk|
If they are unable to answer or resolve your query, your local support team will escalate the issue to the team at the University of Warwick who are managing Sulis.
Other users with allocations of time on Sulis will be provided with a means to request support when their allocation becomes active.
Users within the HPC Midlands+ consortium are able to request support from a Research Software Engineer (RSE) within their Call for Applications submission. Research Software Engineers are skilled individuals with experience to help with the following non-exhaustive list:
- Profiling of code to understand performance and recommend areas of improvement
- Developing code to add new functionality, improve scaling, add parallelism, or improve software maintainability
- Optimise code for performance on Sulis
- Wring the best performance out of code with complier flag choices
- Advise on matters of best practise regarding development workflows and version control.
Please request RSE support at the time of your application, or afterwards via your Support Contact.